Position: Part Time Audiovisual Technician
Under general supervision assists in performing responsible technical work within the Audio Visual department; Sets up, operates, and strikes audiovisual equipment for events and performances in the convention center.
If you need assistance accessing the content in this PDF, please contact the individual provided here: Receptionist, 801-851-2200, email@example.com
UTAH VALLEY CONVENTION CENTER JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Part-Time Audiovisual Technician
Reports to: Technology Manager
Status: Hourly; Overtime Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Under general supervision assists in performing responsible technical work within the Audiovisual department; Sets up, operates, and strikes audiovisual equipment for events and performances in the convention center.
- High school diploma and one year experience in audio visual and technical media coordination and operation, preferably in a convention, theater, arena or hotel environment.
- Knowledge of audio-visual equipment and electronic services in public assembly settings.
- Knowledge of personal computers and computerized audio-visual systems.
- Ability to adapt quickly to unforeseen changes.
- Skills in Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS environments.
- Ability to use various tools and equipment properly and safely.
- Stamina to work long hours. Must be able to lift and/or move heavy equipment.
- Ability to occasionally add shifts with little notice. RESPONSIBILITIES: (including, but not limited to):
- Set up, operate and tear down all in-house equipment and rented or client-provided audiovisual equipment
- Perform both preventive and corrective maintenance to all in-house audiovisual equipment.
- Consult with clients regarding audiovisual requirements upon request.
- Provide technical advisement to other departments upon request.
- Trouble-shoot sound, video, and lighting systems.
- Assist other departments under special circumstances.
- Understand best operation of all audiovisual equipment.
- Be familiar with terminology used in entertainment and convention settings.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility user
- Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, weekends, holidays.
- Maintain a high quality of work and professionalism.
- Recommend equipment or procedures to best service events.
- Make executive decisions with short notice if required for the success of the event.
- Interpret and apply administrative and departmental policies and procedures.